It is the Company’s Policy to provide healthy and safe working conditions, promote and enhance safety as a work culture, prevent loss or human injury and avoid any adverse impact on the environment (marine or otherwise) including property.
The Company’s Safety Management System has been structured to ensure compliance and conformity with IMO regulations and other applicable national and international regulations, relevant standards and guidelines.
The main objectives of our H.S.E. Policy are as follows:
• To prevent loss of human life and personal injury.• To prevent damage of the ship, her cargo and environment.
• To establish safeguards against identified risks and to operate the ship within ALARP.
• To continuously improve Safety Management skills of personnel ashore and aboard ships, including preparing for emergencies related to safety of human life, property and environment.
In order to achieve these objectives the Company has established/arranged the following:
-Appointed the Safety and Environmental Manager with the responsibility to maintain an overview of Health, Safety, and Environment matters.
– Consistently follows all national and international rules and regulations governing the Marine Industry.
– Adopts a risk-based approach to all operations.(Crisis Management System)
– Continuously monitors all safety aspects of the vessels.
– Continuously improves its HSE system by taking corrective and preventive actions for identified weak areas.
– Ensures all employees understand their HSE accountabilities and demonstrate visible HSE leadership.
– Provide a framework for setting and reviewing environmental and other objectives and targets.
– Reviews the system on a yearly basis to verify its continuing effectiveness.
In this respect the HSE policy is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels in the organization of our company.
– Frequently inspects and audits the vessels and carries out necessary maintenance and repairs.